Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Patch Scanning/Reporting Solution

From: Kenton Smith <listsks () yahoo ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:26:31 -0400 (EDT)

If it's just Windows machines, why not try Microsoft's
Baseline Security Analizer?

Kenton
--- "K. Tyler Leet" <tyler.leet () attustech com> wrote:

I am currently evaluating patch scanning/reporting
solutions for my company.  I am not interested in
patch deployment or any other
kind of network management services; I only need a
product to scan networks for missing patches and
have the ability to generate an
XML output for reporting purposes.  I have already
evaluated Shavlik's HFNetChk and GFI Languard, but
wanted to get some names of a
few other solutions to evaluate.  Also, if anyone
has any good Spyware scanning solutions feel free to
share those as well :), I am
aware of Shavlik's but no other remote scanners ATM.
 Thanks in advance for the advice!

Cheers!

Tyler Leet