Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Integrating logs from PIX, IIS and WAS

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () stjoelive com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:50:45 -0500

I'm currently building a syslog server for the purpose of discovering
security issues, configuration issues and troubleshooting. I'm utilizing a
couple of tools for this, to include syslog-ng, mysql, and phpMyAdmin. I'd
put those in google and check out the several sites on how to put them
together. Because I'm also running Cacti on this server, and after seeing
the page given below, I'm thinking I might try using it to show a graphical
version of the syslogs. Then again, it might just be as easy as counting
errors for the same purpose.

I've had a test run and it worked decently. As my knowledge of mysql and
syslog-ng increases, it'll get even better. Hope this helps, and let me know
what kind of progress you make!