Security Basics mailing list archives

SF new mailing list announcement: Beta-Announce

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:10:07 -0400

We are pleased to announce the creation of another mailing list on
SecurityFocus: Beta-Announce.

Objective

The primary objective of the Beta-Announce list is to provide the SecurityFocus community access to upcoming security tool and product beta trials. In the same vein it will provide access to tool authors and vendors to announce their beta programs and get valuable feedback from the community which will ultimately use and in some cases, buy, their offerings.

Background

There are an overwhelming number of security tools and products
available today. Many, if not most, have limited beta trials because of
lack of access to an informed, qualified community. By providing a list
such as this we hope to help authors provide stronger offerings to the
community and we hope to allow the community an opportunity to stay
abreast of the most recent security technologies.

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/141/description