Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Books

From: Karsten Iwen <newsletter () saviya de>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:20:57 +0200

Hi,

you won't find that all in *one* book (my bookshelf with cisco-books is about one and a half meter ;-) ). But have you tried the cisco documentation? If you don't mind reading online it's one of the best sources on Cisco-documentation: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

regards, Karsten

I am looking for a comprehensive Cisco reference book, that covers,
transport mediums, interfaces, routing protocols, IPSEC, QOS etc.

I have been looking "Cisco Router Handbook" and it looks pretty good.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0072127562/102-9902397-6968168?v=glance&n=283155&%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=31ACIC7BBRXCE&coliid=I18T1Q4HBYF0PU&v=glance

Anyone know of any books more comprehensive?
--
Dipl.-Ing. Karsten Iwen
Network- and Security Consultant/Trainer

CCIE #14602 (Security)
CCSI, CCSP, CCIP, CCNP, CCDA
MCSE: Security

http://www.iwen.de