Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unknow process listening on high port

From: <Steve.Cummings () barclayscapital com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:45:33 +0100

First thing I would check is if any traffic is going to them with tcpdump or snoop, also would take a look at your
system around the port as have seen trojans that are port independant and usually replace original binary or a piece of
code.

Not sure if these are personal or corporate systems but there should be some tool you could run that checks the system
or unwanted software