Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ISO 17799

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:29:52 -0400

We just launched a BS 7799/ISO 17799 mailing list a few weeks ago. You may wish to signup for that list to get more specific ISO 17799 information. Details are on the SecurityFocus website, including the charter and signup instructions.

There are almost a thousand people subscribed to that list, just in the past few weeks.

Best regards,

Kelly Martin
SecurityFocus

siangmeng lim wrote:
Hi,

Can someone help me in guiding me how a ISO 17799 certification process is carry out ? How should any organization approach this task if they have an intention to have their IT systems, various depts in the organizations to have a certain level of control and management of information ? Is there a difference in approaches and deliverables if it is a private company vs a gov agency ?

How are the scoping being done at the onset ? I understand the scope can be very extensive, and it is impossible to cover all grounds, how should the framework or framework be established and agreed upon with the management ?

Hope someone can provide a lead. thanks

Cheers
SM