Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Host placement and DMZ internal/external questions.

From: amitk () ingvysyabank com
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:39:33 +0530

Hi Adam,

2 antivirus mail gateway servers / Antivirus update server does that
sit on your DMZ ?

    I have one design which might help you to understand.... You can
implement dual-level security for Emails i.e. AV Mail Gateway and Spam
filter (in-depth mail filters).... For this, I have suggested in my previous
company that they can use TrendMicro IMSS (InterScan Messaging Security
Suite) as a AV Mail Gateway and use Symantec Mail Security or spamassassins
(Linux) for Spam filters....

    Your AV update server has to remain in DMZ as this might get some virus
itself....

Regards,
Amit Kothari

  _____