Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: Restrict the Domain Admin

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 14:57:23 +1000

Hi

I think people are missing the point. You can allow / create an adminwho can not edit logs for example. The issue is
not technical - but procedural. The comments allong the lines "Sounds good, but in practice, and in urgent situations,
you have to contact all the persons holding the password... " are not correct. You do not need an admin to do
everything - even reinstalling the forest does not require all rights.

You can allow the DELETE user profile - but setup a log of this action as an example. Domain admin and a user with
nearly all the rights but with segregated security rights is feasible and occurs in many organisations now.

Craig