Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encryption

From: "Conlan Adams" <conlan () midwesteyebanks org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:08:46 -0400

Not sure if you've already gotten responses, but here goes...

First, you can't go wrong with
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471117099/104-4009480-8533518?v=glance
&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Applied cryptography by everyones favorite Bruce Schneier, and its
probably available at your local library as well.  It's a good basis for
cryptography and cryptanalysis.

Other than that, the best way to do it, is to start simple, write some
code, attack some protocols, and get a good understanding on how the
basics work before you attempt to go after modern stuff.

Conlan Adams