Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Investigation- Web pages visited

From: Austin Murkland <amurkland () merydion com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:57:31 -0800

I can't take credit for this website, or how well it does or doesn't function but when this question came up before, this website was posted in response... hopefully this will prove more useful to you than it did for me.

http://www.searchmee.com/web-info/ip-hunt.php

Austin Murkland

David Gillett wrote:
  It's really easy for multiple sites to be hosted on a single
server, so the IP address is inadequate for this.  If I see
suspicious activity like this, I look inside the HTTP "GET"
header to find the site name.
  You *might* be able to make a pretty good guess by logging
DNS resolutions, too....

David Gillett