Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IM & P2P packets

From: Michael Foukarakis <mfukar () ics forth gr>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:47:26 +0200

Hi,
in http://mapi.uninett.no/ you can find MAPI, a Monitoring API that can aid you to your task. I suggest obtaining the code through the subversion repository,
in which there are readily available functions that identify P2P protocols.
(currently functions that identify IM protocols are in the making)
All you need is knowledge of the C language, and a C compiler.
You can read the tutorials, try the test applications, and send a mail to the mailing
list if you need further assistance.

Cheers

--
Michael Foukarakis
Distributed Computing Systems (DCS)

ahmad mubarak wrote:

hi all

i am new in infoSec field so my manager asked me to give him
a list of IM and P2P users in our network

i searched the Internet to find any tool to help in this task but no result

so is there any one can help !!! to achieve this task

ideas , tools , procedures will appreciated

thanx