Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Writing papers on Information Security

From: "Don Parker" <dparker () bridonsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:32:30 -0500

Hello Vikas,

The biggest piece of advice I could give you is to write to your strengths. If that happens to be configuring W2K3 then write about that. If you are solely focused on writing about network security then pick a subject that is of great interest to you, and then research it. Once done go ahead and implement that subject in a lab setting so that you fully understand it both practically and theoretically. Lastly, always try to write your material to an audience who does not know what you are writing about. Try to convey your knowledge in a simple, and easy to understand fashion. That is the true mark of a subject matter expert, and successful author. Hope this helps you, and good luck. Oh yeah, you can also pitch your idea to Securityfocus as well once you
are ready to move forward.

Cheers,

Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vikas" <vikassinghyadav () gmail com>