Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Real Time Antivirus on workstations

From: "Christopher Carpenter" <ccarpenter () dswa net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:59:03 -0700

I haven't used Norton GoBack (and the website is short on details), but
I'm assuming it's similar to Microsoft's System Restore.  If you set a
real-time antivirus program to scan only on writes, then resource
utilization would probably approach that of GoBack.

From another perspective, what happens if a virus decides to overwrite
the GoBack file archive?  Food for thought, I guess.

Chris