Security Basics mailing list archives

a dns/named help?

From: pimp mastermind <gbchustla () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:42:29 +0200

I am very sorry about the subject dear moderator ...please excuse me
for my stupidity!
here is my question and thank you again!

Hello all,
I've got a question. I never did configuring of named and i am new in
this can anybody help me?
My ISP told me that its not a problem to Host my domain on my privete
PC at home. The think i must do before i starded is to install a DNS
server which mean i must install Bind(named). I did it but i never
done it before so i dont know what exactly i need to do to get the
thinks work.
So i've got static IP address at home lets say : 193.68.23.45 - static
ip at home.
my domain name is something.org which IP is - 85.196.174.37
and the company that makes my domain name has 2 nameservers that are
1. 85.196.174.222
2. 85.196.174.223
What i must do now? Any examples or something by anyone?
Thank you all in advance :) you always help me! :)
have a nice day to all