Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Custom password filter

From: Amish shah <amish () net-square com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:39:22 +0530

You can use the password filter to filter domain or local account
passwords. To use the password filter for domain accounts, install and
register the DLL on each domain controller in the domain.

If you search "passfilt.dll" in Microsoft platform SDK help, you will
find good documents, which will tell you how to install and write. The
sample source code for passfilt.dll is also available in platform SDK.

--Amish

DMORROW5 () satx rr com wrote:

you might want to look at Password Policy Enforcer, PPE.

Dana