Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Learning Network Security Basics

From: ilaiy <ilaiy.e () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:59:52 -0600

There are a whole bunch of papers in the SANS reading room .. It is
intresting .. The Security area is really huge and it depends which
Layer would you be intrested in

http://www.sans.org/rr/

./thanks
ilaiy

On 10/31/05, Louie <tech.louie () verizon net> wrote:
I also need the stepping stone for this. I just started to take some basic
classes right now I am learning about the OSI how it work. But I really want
to get into security ... What books are good to have for a newbie? Plus I
also came up on 2 computers that I'm going to load linux or window for
testing...

Any links or forums that have good security would be greatful...

--Luis