Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Service Accounts and Password Expiration

From: yonesy <yonesy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:09:53 -0400

Short answer:

You should enforce expiry, uniqueness and complexity of passwords.

The how is the difficult question.  I was evaluating a product by the
name of Password Auto-Repository by eDMZ based on its white papers it
seemed to do everything I required of it (including changing account
passwords automatically).  This product would also help in the change
of passwords for non-windows systems (*nix, Oracle, etc.).  Hope this
helps!