Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Building workstation install images.

From: "Kevin Ashurst" <ashur624 () erau edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:24:47 -0700

Use microsoft sysprep, off of the windows XP CD, or the newer version for
SP2 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3e90dc91-ac56-4665-
949b-beda3080e0f6&DisplayLang=en

Get your images all set, then run sysprep. Shut down the machine and image.
When you reboot after the image, it has mini setup for windows that you can
script or manually input to join AD or workgroup, PC name, product key, etc.
You can use sysprep to deploy the same image to similar machines and load
drivers as well. It will probably work on both GX models, did for me.

Kevin