Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Training - location specific

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:01:35 -0400

skill2die4 () secguru com wrote:

This would be very helpful since my company needs me to get cert in
security or networking.

Alot of newbies inquire about security certifications and 'where-to-start'
information across many mailing lists and infosec forums. For the same
reason, at wikisecure we built a page titled "security engineer howto".

      http://www.wikisecure.com/index.php/Security_Engineer_Howto
Agreed. Many people, especially on Security-Basics, inquire about security training and certifications. There are several long threads on this list that discuss certifications in detail, so I was prepared to return the original post to the sender and point him to the archives... however, he appeared to be looking for some location-specific training (I believe it was West Coast USA?), so I let the post through.

For all followups on this thread, can everyone please try to keep to location-specific information? There is already some very good information on certifications in ths archives, which can be found by clicking on the following (massive) link:

http://www.securityfocus.com/swsearch?query=certification+security-basics&sbm=%2F&submit=Search%21&metaname=alldoc&sort=swishlastmodified

Best regards,

Kelly Martin
moderator, Security-Basics