Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Snort sniffer logs

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:08:36 -0400

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 19:44, Cesar Diaz wrote:
Kevin,

We are using ACID right now.  What are the biggest advantages of using BASE?

Cesar Diaz

Hi-

there are quite a few.<g>  First, BASE is actually an active project
that is under continued development, whereas ACID hasn't been updated in
over two years.  We also support the latest changes in Snort and PHP.
We have fixed a LARGE number of the bugs inherent in ACID, along with
some we introduced.<g>  We have also added language support and user
authentication.

Thanks
Kevin
BASE Project Lead