Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Opinions sought...How much information is to much to "give away"?

From: oscar () iam not telling you tk
Date: 30 Jun 2005 08:45:30 -0000

Hmmm. If I were you I would certainly try to make it difficult to identify the company (like withholding any info
regarding the location).

I don't think that the network architectural info you leak is worth much without specific product names/versions and\or
address ranges, but one can never be sure.

If someone had to steal data from your company they would probably try to infiltrate the cleaning or facility
maintenance crew. In this the info you give out would not help at all. :)