Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: magic_quotes

From: "Steve Hillier" <securityfocus () mastermindtoys com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:49:55 -0400

I usually use the MySQL Improved functions (mysqli*) so I was just lazy
and didn't look up all the corresponding regular mysql functions. It is
better to use mysql_real_escape_string (or mysqli_real_escape_string in
my case).

I'm not sure if this is the thread where we should debate this, but I
think there are enough positives and negatives with stored procedures
that using such a tool would require serious though.

Just my $0.02.

sph