Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Skype bypasses Windows XP Firewall

From: "David Low" <david.low () imcorporation com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:03:36 +0800

Dear All,

I'm wondering does anyone have clue regarding Skype (A free internet VOIP
thingy : http://www.skype.com) which bypasses Windows XP SP2 firewall.

It just automatically adds itself to the exception list without user
intervention.

But if u were to use ZoneAlarm, the ZA is still able to detect and block
connection.

It there something lagging in the Windows Firewall or is it the program
which can bypass it.

If you require further assistance or would like more details, please do not
hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

David Low
System / Network Engineer

I'M Technologies Ltd
51 Changi Business Park Central 2
# 09-13 The Signature
Singapore 486066

DID: (65) 6780 0815
Fax: (65) 6789 3980
www.imcorporation.com

                                             ==================== IMPORTANT
NOTICE ====================
(1)  This email and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the recipients named above.  The information contained herein
may be confidential, privileged or protected from disclosure by applicable
laws.  If you have received this transmission by mistake, please notify the
author of this email immediately and delete this email and all attachments
from your system.  Unauthorized copying, dissemination or use of any of the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  (2)   The views and
opinions expressed in this email are the author's own and do not necessarily
represent that of I'M Technologies Ltd, its subsidiaries, representative and
branch office or any of its affiliated companies.