Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: NIDS

From: Mitchell Rowton <mrowton () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:57:10 -0500

Browsing the archives at SecurityFocus and sans.org/rr is a good bet.
Also YY Ngai wrote a good NIDS introduction introduction paper titled
"The Use of Network Intrusion Detection System"

http://www.securitydocs.com/library/2650

The best path would be to read everything you can, after you are more
comfortable you can start defining your requirements better.