Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: IP announce DOS

From: crabdog () gmail com
Date: 10 Jun 2005 17:25:28 -0000

Having some experience with owning your own IP address space I can verify that it is quite common to move your
addresses from ISP to ISP. As long as you have official ownership.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any enforcement body you can go to in this situation.  Your best bet is to use your
legal group.  A cease and desist or like should get the ball rolling (remember to include possible damages for the down
time).  You may want to contact ARIN and verify you still have official ownership of the address space.  Hopefully the
ISP didn't try to take over ownership of the address space when you were their customer.  You may also read through the
contract from the previous ISP and make sure their was not any language about address ownership.

Good luck.