Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Restrict logon hours

From: Mark Owen <mr.markowen () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:13:15 -0400

On 5 Jul 2005 07:21:50 -0000, j64800000 () yahoo com <j64800000 () yahoo com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've just enabled the (2k active directory) logon hours restriction on my network + the "disconnect after logon
hours" setting.
Does anyone know how can a user override this setting and how can I prevent it?

Thanks
M.

The logon hour restrictions affect accounts only in the active
directory therefore affecting only computers in the domain.  If the
user has a local user account on a computer then the limitations will
not affect them.  Otherwise, there is no way of avoiding it other than
using someone else's account.
--
Mark Owen