Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: certificate manager

From: "Kelly D. Lucas" <lucaskeli () fastmail fm>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:46:49 -0700

I've used software from Netscape and Baltimore [who was acquired by another company I think]. Netscape Certificate Server was also acquired by Redhat, who is supposedly making it open source. I just spoke to some people working there and I think the Directory Server is also released, so I assume the Certificate Server is as well. It works reasonably well, and uses the Directory Server to store certificates in. The abilities and functions are too numerous to name, but I think you can probably download it and play with it. I know the government uses them in numerous agencies.

kdl

Leon wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of software for
managing digital certificates from different vendors. I am looking for a platform that will let me know when
one they are both to expire and have other functions.

Right now I am looking at entrust:
http://www.entrust.com/

I was wondering if anyone else had any other
suggestions?

Thx,

Leon