Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Changing the mac address on Windows 2000 and XP (easy way)

From: security () surefoot com
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:53:10 -0600

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 15:45, matt <ma> wrote:
You can do it within windows with no extra tools, goto network
connections in the control panel

Double click the adapter in question, click properties, next to the
driver nane click configure, then goto advanced
you will now see some properties, select Network address and enter a new
hex value for your mac, with no seperators such as

0050AA00AAAA

That only works with some adapters. At work I have an intel based NIC, which
has the option you mentioned. At home I have a broadcomm adapter, which does
not have that option.