Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache attacks

From: Micheal Cottingham <security () michealcottingham com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:42:53 -0500

SEARCH /\x90\x02\xb1\x02\xb1\x02\xb1\x02\xb1\x02\xb1\x02\xb1 ...

Did it look something like that? (noop sled follows somewhere in there). If so, http://indrayam.com/archives/security/000239.php is what I found a few days ago when I had a user asking for information on this. Seems to be an IIS exploit making rounds again from 2003. Figured I might as well do something resembling usefulness on this list as I too have been a long time reader. :P

Bernie Johnson wrote:

Kenny,

Look at www.rfxnetworks.com and get APF, BFD and look at the other
scripts there.  This should od what you want and need.

B. Johnson