Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: encryption

From: Zurt <1algorta () rigel deusto es>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:27:58 +0100

Philip Wagenaar wrote:

Hi,

Up to a few years ago PGP and encryption was an hot item. But it seems it
has stand still for a few years now. Google and PGP show up only pgp
programs that are more then years old.

How is encryption these days? What has come by since PGP?

Philip Wagenaar
http://www.wagenaar.123.nl

It has removed 3447 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

I think that nowadays GnuPG is one of the best options, as it has a lot of different front-ends and good integration with the most used MUA's (such as Eudora, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.).

Another good reason to use this software is that it's free software and the project is continuosly updated.

--
_____
Zurt

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. - Thomas Paine.