Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Snort Training

From: Andrew Pretzl <arp () norlight com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:13:36 -0600

You could go to the source -> http://www.sourcefire.com/snort/training.html
AP
-
=============================
Andrew Pretzl - CISSP
Security Administrator
Norlight Telecommunications
=============================
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

                      Jason Workman

                      <JasonW@meederfin        To:       security-basics () securityfocus com

                      ancial.com>              cc:       (bcc: Andrew Pretzl/Brookfield/Norlight)

                                               Fax to:

                      01/25/2005 10:10         Subject:  Snort Training

                      AM

Hello.

I am hoping someone might offer suggestions/advice on where I may receive
formal "in class" training for Snort. I live in the Central Ohio region. We
have a couple of training centers (New Horizons and Babbage Simmel),
however
they do not offer course for IDSs other than Cisco's.

Has anyone seen advertisements or been through such a training program for
Snort? If so, where?