Security Basics mailing list archives

Some question about fragroute for win2000

From: "securitybasics () 21cn com" <securitybasics () 21cn com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 9:53:5 +0800

Hello  list:

    I am a student and have visited the homepage.(http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/fragroute/).
I admire Dugsong power and like the tools of fragroue very much. I have succeed to compile
and use fragroute for linux,and then I try all my best to compile fragroute for win2000,but I failed.

   The following is  all my action to complie the fragroute for win2000.

   I read the "configure" file of fragroute, found that it need in Cygwin enviroment to
be compiled  for win2000.I downloaded the full packages of Cygwin and had finished installing
it successfully. At the same time,I had successfully installed  the tools "CIPE-Win32 driver" .

   But when I run  the file "configure " of fragoure in the Cygwin enviroment, it told me
that it need libpcap.I downloaded libpcap-0.7n.tar.gz and installed it in the eviroment.
Here it told me that the libpcap must need winpcap libraris,while I had installed the winpcap2.2
in the win2000 enviroment. After that, I changed to use winpcap3.0. However all the same I failed,
the libpcap couldn't find the winpcap.

    I search all the internet by using Google about the keyword "libpcap Cygwin".But I didn't
find the correct method to install libpcap in the Cygwin enviroment.According to these article
about libpcap and Cygwin , I downloaded the source files of winpcap2.3 and winpcap3.0 in order
to compile these file in the Cygwin enviroment.However, I faild to do it.The winpcap 2.3 and 3.0
can be compiled in the Cygwin enviroment, but could not be installed in the enviroment.

    On the other hand, I copyed the library of winpcap and libpcap into the Cygwin enviroment,
but all the same  the file "configure" of fragroute conldn't be execute. It told me that it couldn't
find the "libpcap" and didn't  creat the Makefile file.

    I had ever tried to use another method. It is that I execute "./configure --without-libpcap --without-libdnet".
Then it created the Makefile file. But when I  executed "make" in the Cygwin enviroment,
it told me some error,such as some structs undefined. So I didn't get the binary fragroute.

    Afer all that, I had use all the two days and nights and was very tired. I counldn't find
other way to solve the question of compiling the fragroute in the Cygwin enviroment.So I am afraid
that I had to trouble everyone to seek your help.

    Thanks a lot.
    Wish everyone happy for ever.
    Best regards.

                                                                                   Yours, Myempire