Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Email Encryption Solution

From: Alvin Oga <alvin.sec () Virtual Linux-Sec net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:08:18 -0800

hi ya  james

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 02:54:11PM -0000, James McGee wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of an appliance that does email encryption?
I need something that does both SMIME and PGP (and maybe others) encryption
that comes on a dedicated device.

you can't buy it off the shelf because...
        - it has to be configued for your domain name
        - it has to have your "pass phrase"

but assuming, that you know that, you can buy any 1U or appliance
and add pgp and other secure apps and turn off all the other insecure stuff

c ya
alvin
-
- funny you should mention it, since we just registered a domain name for that purpose
-