Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Nessus Sessions and Plugin Updates

From: Andre Moraes <andrelmoraes () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:11:30 -0300

Jack,

As far as I know, the NessusWX sessions are not affected by your
nightly plugin updates. I believe that the only way a specific session
can be affected after a plugin update is when one of the selected
plugins change their dependencies. In this case we have two scenarios:

a) you already enabled "Enable plugin dependencies" in the Options tab
of your session, telling NessusWX to auto-select any plugins that the
selected plugin depends;

or

b) if you want strict control over what is running against your
hosts/devices, you probably selected all plugins needed by the checks
you want to do. In this case, you will have to select (or deselect)
some plugins to fulfill the new plugin requiriments.

Except for this scenario, I don't get any other side-effect of plugin
updates on NessusWX sessions.

Best Regards