Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: NTLM authentication with Linux

From: Jason Carr <jason () flacid org>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:53:38 -0500

I have used an 'NTLM Authorization Proxy Server' before, written in python. I ran it in Windows as well as in Linux while I worked at a place that had an ISA firewall.

http://apserver.sourceforge.net/

BĂ©noni MARTIN wrote:

Hi list !

I set up a RedHat 9 box on my network, and face now troubleshooting when trying to access outside through an ISA 2000 Firewall. I
tried to dig googling around, sniffing my connection to try to understand what is going on, and I think the trouble comes from
ISA and RedHat: ISA seems to require NTLM authentication (I cannot change this), and obviously Linux does not speak natively this
"language".

So, anyone knows a tool running on Linux that will allow me to pass through an ISA Firewall ? Any clue will be
appreciated, I am stuck with this and I need an outside connection :(

Thanks list !