Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Transparent Anti spam and virus web/mail/ftp Proxying on a Bridge

From: "STANESCU Ionut" <ionut.stanescu () brd ro>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:58:08 +0200

Hi,

Stop for a while and think that with any kind of filters, will be some traffic delays. So I think, instead of any
solution do you will adopt one or more machines for every kind of filters will be needed (one for SMTP, and another for
http and ftp).

We use a CA eTrust Secure Content Manager for SMTP only (ant spam and email virus analyze) installed on heavy machine.

Regards,

Ionut Stanescu
BRD - Groupe Société Générale
Departamentul Sisteme Informatice / Directia Sisteme si Retele / Sisteme de Operare
(DSI/DSR/SSO)