Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Free Webmail w/ SSL?

From: "Mark Spencer" <mspencer () evidentdata com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:50:24 -0800

Hi Michael, and many others!

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize Gmail (just tested it) and
Yahoo! (haven't tested yet) supported https sessions.  One word of
caution for others though - make sure you use the proper url when
kicking off the https session.  For example, if you navigate to
"https://gmail.com"; and get redirected to the proper page, your login
will be https, but not the rest of the session.  If you navigate to
"https://gmail.google.com";, your login and the rest of the session are
https as expected.

Mark