Security Basics mailing list archives

NASL Coding Tutorial

From: skill2die4 () secguru com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:43:52 -0600 (CST)

Friends :

I have seen many people using nessus, but only few coding their own plugins.

So, I thought to write a tutorial from beginner's perspective on how to
c0d3 your own plugins. I have started with the most simple (
fingerprinting ) plugins, then i will talk about info gathering and later
take examples of registry checks, local checks and more.

The whole process will help the readers to understand nessus and its
architecture in a better way. It will also aid in understanding already
written plugins and tweak them as per your needs.

If interested please have a look at :

http://www.secguru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121

HTH,

-=skillz=-