Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Searching for a product that aggregates logs and can generate alerts

From: Gilles DEMARTY <gilles.demarty () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:00:10 +0100

Hi pranav.

This kind of product is usualy called SEM (for security event management).
 Many software enters this category. among themselves you have commercial ones (
 arcsight, netforensics,exaprotect) and (as far as i know) an
opensource one : OSSIM.

You must consider that the price for SEM systems are a bit high
(usualy 100+ k$).

I don't know for the others, but the exaprotect correlation engine is
quite good and the technologies you specified are supported.

sincerely.

Gilles Demarty

ps : i'm working for exaprotect, so this message may sound a bit
biaised and commercial.