Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus on intranet network

From: "Ryan Kubiak" <rkubiak () btc-bci com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:18:50 -0500

I've had a chance to work with several centrally managed virus scans and
they work great.  Generally you just install them and walk away for a months
at a time.  I've been particularly pleased with McAfee's Enterprise along
with the EPO as well as Trend's centrally managed product.  I have several
clients running various version of the corporate Norton that I haven't delt
with much, but that's usually a good thing.  I've heard good things about
Sophos but never used it.

On the other side of things, Panda Corporate has to be the worst product
I've ever used.  It constantly crashes, stops updating on random machines
which must have the communications agent reinstalled, and no matter what
happens their support says the admin console has to be reinstalled.  I have
about 20 clients running Panda Corporate and it is a constant problem.

Ryan