Security Basics mailing list archives

NeWT plugins for Mac

From: barcajax () gmail com
Date: 29 Dec 2005 04:01:59 -0000

I'm using NeWT and as of today, I have 9786 plugins. I ran it against a default install but patched Apple laptop
running Mac OS X. No vulns were reported. I counted 38 plugins grouped under "MacOS X Local Security Checks" plugin set
with NeWT. Is this an exhausive list of checks for Mac OS X-related vulns? Yes I do realise that other checks for known
vulnerable services like FTP and Finger will be run against the Mac OS thus the scan result is not only based on 38
checks.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus