Security Basics mailing list archives

Running with limited rights on Windows XP

From: dayz () planet nl
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:34:38 +0100

Hi all,

I want to run Icecast, a steaming media server, on Windows XP, as a user
with limited rights on the system to reduce the inpact of a break in
trough Icecast.
I have already used the security template from the NSA, but I am also
looking at other measures I can take to secure Windows XP. So what is
good approach to this? Should I also look into a pc lockdown tool pherhaps?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ben

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus