Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Honeypots & reccord industry

From: Tobias Hahn <tobi_wan () gmx de>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:14:13 +0100

Hi,

I know of one company that has specialized in that field: "Logistep AG
- Anti Piracy Networks" (http://www.logistepag.de) They offer their
services to track down people sharing game x or whatever you're
looking for. (Translated) quote from their homepage:
"The Logistep AG has developed a unique and never before seen method
which makes it possible zu identify users independent of their IPs."

I don't know how they do that, but it's seems to work really well,
seeing that it lead to thousands of people beeing charged:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/63635

All the links are only german, sorry.

Tobias

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfoc_ml