Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question on VoIP security

From: Peter Wan <peter.n.wan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:00:34 -0500

How about "Security Considerations for Voice Over IP Systems" at
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-58/SP800-58-final.pdf?
It's kind of long, but I suspect it is comprehensive....  --Peter

On 12/18/05, Rodrigo Blanco <rodrigo.blanco.r () gmail com> wrote:
Hello list,

I am currently facing an Intranet VoIP project (will be restricted to
1 organization's Intranet, geographically disperse), from the security
standpoint. So, I have to propose a security architecture for a
SIP-based VoIP deployment. Vendor is still a variable, so it should be
as vendor-independent as possible (but it will probably be Cisco /
Nortel).

Does anyone have information on the currently security practices used
to protect the confidentiality, integrity and guarantee access control
in the VoIP services network?

If you can provide me with general principles, and perhaps links to
documents describing the security problems I should consider, these
would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Rodrigo.

--
Peter Wan <peter.n.wan () gmail com>

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfoc_ml