Security Basics mailing list archives

Bluetooth security on computers

From: Neksus <neksus () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:24:55 -0500

Hello all,

While there is a lot of information about Bluetooth security for PDA
and cell phones, I don't see a lot of information about Bluetooth
security for computers.

Both laptops and desktops now use bluetooth more and more (wireless
keyboards, integrated radio in laptops and so on).

I'm curious to know what could be the worst case scenario for computer
users..? Could "Bluejacking" any peripheral be done remotely? (like it
can be done on a cell phone) Could there be information leakage?
Google proved to be pretty quiet about computer users...

Has anyone looked into this? Any real vulnerabilities out there that I missed?
My gut feeling is to "trust" it as much as Wifi. Thanks!
(N)