Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: Best spyware program

From: "Joe George" <j.george () conservation org>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:42:09 -0400

I agree with these sentiments as well.  The 100% best solution has been
to re-image a troubled computer and never allow it a connection to the
Internet.  Doesn't seem so efficient and is pretty much a waste of a
computer, right? I have a hodgepodge of freeware and
commercially-available anti-spyware apps, such as those mentioned by
Mike.  Some do indeed work better than others, that I have noticed, but
it can be very frustrating sometimes.  I've encountered spyware
processes that specifically target the application which is designed to
counter it.  In cases like that, it is good to have handy the older
version of the anti-malware application.

All-in-all, it is an inordinate waste of time for any systems and
support administrator.

Joe