Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Ping, ICMP and TCP Ping

From: migalo digalo <l.epsilon () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:14:09 +0000

i am not sure i understood youre email,but if i am right the question
is about tcp-ping is yes or no relaying on ICMP ? the answer is no and
i think the word ping in tcp-ping is there just because in normal case
it will generate a pong (a response).
btw i think tcp-ping can have any destination port not only 80 !

hope it helps.