Security Basics mailing list archives

IPF

From: Michael Mannsberger <mm450exc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:45:23 -0400

I got a little ipf problem. Running IP Filter: v4.1.8 on Solaris 8
with the latest recommended patch cluster. ipf module is loaded, I see
pfil in the stream of eri0, ipf.conf is good,....
Once I load the rules everything will work for about 2 minutes. Then I
only see packets coming in but nothing at all going out. I got the
following for outbound traffic in the ipf.conf

pass out proto tcp  all keep state
pass out proto udp  all keep state
pass out proto icmp all keep state

The system is a 280R. I got another system with the same specs - O/S
level, Patch level, pfil package, ipf package,... where this is
working. Any ideas how to find the problem?