Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft Software Auditing ?

From: "Steve Hillier" <securityfocus () mastermindtoys com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:24:03 -0400

Just a side note on this...we've created our own configuration
management database (read up on ITIL) with all of our hardware
information. However, the only part that we depend on third-party
software for is the actual gathering of the hardware information. I had
been using iInventory to do this but that proved to be quite painstaking
(import to their DB, then export to our own).

OCS lets you write the agent output directly to CSV files which we can
import into our own database. Much easier. And it's open source.

Ocassionally these mailing lists will reveal some real gems...this is
definitely one of them. Thanks Rob.

Steve Hillier, B.Sc.