Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hacked (...still cleaning)

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:16:31 -0400

This wont delete it, but it might stop it from running:

Right Click "My Computer" and click Properties or Start => Settings => Control Panel => System

Click the Advanced Tab => Environmental Variables

Under System Variables modify the path and remove C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYTEM32.  Maybe remove
C:\WIN..\SYSTEM as well.

If you remove the paths, the file should not be able to be run from a commandline or from the START => Run menu, unless
you manually specify the path in the command.

Just an idea :)

- JMB